The team at All Seasons Holiday Park are raising money for cancer research with the help of their resident dinosaurs.
Kevin and Tracie, the friendly hosts at All Seasons Holiday Park in Rotorua, have been working hard all year to raise much needed funds for our charity partner, Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand.
Their beautiful park, located only 8 minutes from town, is home to a whole herd of life-sized dinosaurs. Not only are they great fun for kids to find as they explore the park grounds, they also help raise money for a good cause, with businesses and individuals donating money to “adopt” a dino friend.
An adoption period lasts for 12 months and is a minimum of $50, or $100 for the 2 biggest dinosaurs (the Triceratops and the T-rex), although people often choose to contribute more. Kevin and Tracie began this unique idea 5 years ago, and some businesses and families have been on-board since its inception, helping raise thousands of dollars for charity.
So far this year, 12 of the park’s 18 dinosaurs have been generously “re-adopted” by members of the the community:
- Parasaurolophus – Tiaki Early Learning Centre
- Polacanthus – Asante & Alia Laing
- Avalonia – Family Parks
- Dromiceimomimus – Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Aralosaurus – Mitai Maori Village & Cultural Experience
- Kotasaurus – Honey/Anderson Family
- Ammosaurus – King Commercial Dismantlers
- Euophocephalus – Power-Up Electrical
- Tyrannosaurus rex – Tamaki Maori Village
- Ammosaurus – Eric Margaret Manning
- Apatosaurus – Thornborough Family
- Coloradisaurus – Cook Family
These re-adoptions, together with the team’s other fundraising efforts this year, have raised over $1,600 for Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand; an amazing effort! This money will help to improve health outcomes for blood cancer patients, provide free practical and emotional support to families dealing with diagnosis, and fund research to improve treatments and find cures.
Thank you to everyone who has made a donation, and to all of our parks who continue to work so hard to raise money for our very worthy charity partners.