Visit Umoona Opal Mine and Museum – Coober Pedy’s premier underground tourist attraction.
An original opal mine on Coober Pedy’s main street, Umoona has been converted into the town’s largest single underground tourist attraction -a “must see” in Coober Pedy.
- Opal cutting and polishing displays.
- An opal mine with guided tours available.
- Genuine dug-out home on display.
- Historic opal mining interpretive centre.
- Aboriginal interpretive information and film.
- Award-winning documentary video “The Story of Opal.”
- Three-screen projection underground theatre.
- Display of fossils from SA Museum.
- Wide range of opal and opal jewellery for sale
- Postcards and souvenirs
- Accommodation for coach groups
- Multilingual staff
- Open 365 days per year