Travelling with your Pet?

As many people travel more often with their pets, it is important to know about the process of registration in your State or Territory.


Permanent identification and registration of your pet increases the chance of recovery if your pet is lost while you are travelling. General registration of pets is done through your local council, however if your pet is micro chipped, you can also register with the National Pet Register, who provide an Australia-wide pet identification and recovery service.

For more information on the National Pet Register, just go to www.petregister.com.au.







The following links provide information on specific regulations in your State or Territory:


New South Wales – www. www.olg.nsw.gov.au/public/dogs-and-cats/information-for-the-community/microchipping-registration

Victoria – www.agriculture.vic.gov.au/pets/registration-legislation-and-permits/dog-and-cat-registration

Queensland – www.qld.gov.au/families/government/pets/pages/pet-laws.html

South Australia – http://www.gooddogsa.com/

Tasmania – www.dpac.tas.gov.au/divisions/local_government/legislation/dog_control

NT – Contact your local Council

Australian Capital Territory – www. act.gov.au/browse/topics/pets-and-wildlife/registrations-licences-and-permits

Western Australia – www.dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/Community/DogOwnership/Registering.aspx



Article provided by Workabout Australia