Who doesn’t love the smell of freshly baked scones? Try any variation of our simple ‘4 ingredient’ recipe and they will keep coming back for more!
This recipe makes about 12, which is enough for one in each hand, for six people!
You will need:
* 4 cups (500g) Self Raising Flour
* 1 ¼ cup (300ml) Cream
* 1 Cup (250ml) Lemonade
* (Optional) Choose from: dates, raisins, berries, chopped strawberries, pumpkin, or cheese for savoury
* Preheat over to 220C / 440F (or if you’re game, start up a fire!)
* Line tray with baking paper. (or prepare some buttered alfoil!)
* Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the cream and lemonade.
* Mix to make a dough and take care to make sure not to overbeat.
* Roll the dough out on a lightly floured board. Cut with a cold knife.
* Arrange on baking tray and bake until golden brown, for 12 minutes or so, and allow to cool on a wire tray.
Extra hint: These scones are just as delicious in the traditional way, without the optional ingredient, and served with your favourite jam preserves and cream.
Send us some pictures of you baking these goodies, and let us know you favourite mixtures or flavor, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – we may even feature you in next months’ letter!
Have a handy travel recipe!?
Submit Your Recipe here (make sure it’s yours and you have permission to use it!)