Rotorua, New Zealand
Rotorua is a region rich in stunning scenery. Indeed there is no better place to discover New Zealand’s heritage and authentic Maori culture and our fascinating volcanic past and present. Offering something for everyone, you will truly be spoilt for choice when you visit “New Zealand’s coolest hot spot”. The perfect spot to rejuvenate, soaking in the geothermal waters or pampering yourself with a mineral mud treatment at one of the wellness and spa retreats. If it’s white knuckle entertainment you are after you certainly won’t be disappointed, Rotorua is the North Island’s adventure capital offering thrill seekers young and old plenty of adrenalin fuelled fun! Families will only wish they were staying longer with so much to see and do.
Visiting Rotorua is a unique experience with the rising steam and distinct scent of sulphur wafting through geothermal hot spots. Located in the heart of Rotorua is Kuirau Park, New Zealand’s only geothermal public park featuring a boardwalk around the steaming lake, mud pools, thermal foot baths, a fun playground for the kids, and beautiful gardens to enjoy a picnic. Best of all, this natural wonder is completely free. If you visit on a Saturday between 6am and 1pm be sure to bring some money for the food market – you can stock up on delicious local produce for your stay or simply have breakfast before taking a walk.
You can’t go past All Seasons Holiday Park Rotorua as a great base for exploring the region. It is the closest accommodation provider to Rotorua International Airport and only 8 minutes from town. Your lovely Park hosts will even provide a complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off service. The Park is located a short walk to Hannah’s Bay recreational area where you will find a wildlife area and children’s playground. Rotorua is well known for its trout fishing and All Seasons Holiday Park is conveniently located to Lake Rotorua and a boat ramp so you can enjoy fishing or water sports during your stay. If you’re a fisherman and staying before the 31st March 2016 don’t forget to enter the Park’s fishing competition with great spot prizes and accommodation giveaways up for grabs. Park features include: motel units, cabins, 50 bed lodge accommodation, powered and non-powered sites, fully enclosed heated swimming pool & spa complex, camp kitchen & dining room, TV room, BBQ & picnic area, playground, grassed tennis court, onsite shop, internet, coin-operated laundry, and life-sized dinosaurs in their Dinosaur Garden.
Things to do in & around Rotorua
- 1) Visit Agroventures Adventure Park for the ultimate NZ adventure experience! Family Parks Rewards Members receive 10% off single rides and packages. Find out more here.
- 2) Enjoy an evening experience at Mitai Maori Village. Family Parks Rewards Members receive a discount off the admission price. Read more about this authentic cultural experience here.
- 3) Family fun at Rainbow Springs, home to NZ’s largest kiwi conservation centre. Family Parks Rewards Members receive 10% off admission. Discover more about this experience here.
- 4) A unique farm experience for the whole family at Agrodome. Family Parks Rewards Members receive 10% off admission. Find out more here.
- 5) Enjoy a mud bath and spa experience at Hells Gate Geothermal Park.
See Member Rewards around Rotorua
Brown Kiwi, Rainbow Springs, Rotorua
Agroventures Adventure Park, Rotorua
Mitai Maori Village, Rotorua
Warrior In Hells Gate