Customs House


Rockhampton’s Customs House is an example of the Classic Revival period architecture which was all the rage in Rockhampton around the turn of the century. Built between 1898 and 1901 of Stanwell sandstone the building has a huge copper dome and an elaborate semi-circular portico with a Corinthian colonnade.

The building is a powerful reminder of the importance that Rockhampton enjoyed as the major central coast port around that time.

Located on Quay Street alongside Rockhmapton’s newly revitalised Riverside Precinct, Customs House is a must do photo opportunity whilst exploring the Central Business District Heritage Walk.

Due to current health advice on social distancing, please contact the business for the most up to date information regarding opening times and services.