The Ceduna Branch of the National Trust of South Australia opened to the public in 1980. The public has been very generous with their donations and goods, which make up our displays.
Our main building was the first school in Ceduna built in 1912. Other buildings include school classrooms from the area, the first post office in Ceduna, the first gaol in Ceduna, the Denial Bay Gaol, large machinery sheds, a blacksmith’s shop, a church, and a cottage.
Unusual displays include items from the Maralinga Village, a complete set of baking equipment, Aboriginal artefacts, a large display of medical goods, a plaster cast of a 25-foot basking shark and the skull and ribs of a Southern Right whale. A large collection of household items and machinery of all types used by our community in the past years, along with a host of other goods make up our comprehensive display.