1. in relation to employee records (being records relating to a current or former employment relationship between the Group and the individual); and
2. from coverage in relation to the journalism activities of the Group (as explained further in section 3)
2. Use & Disclosure of Personal Information Personal information provided to the Group may be shared with related companies within the Group only – unless expressly disclosed at time of information gathering. The Group takes all reasonably practical steps to keep such information strictly confidential. The Group may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was initially collected, namely to arrange, conduct and promote the Group’s business activities and provide you with requested products and services (and renewals thereof), as well as all purposes necessary and incidental to the provision of goods or services by the Group or by anyone on behalf of the Group. In addition, the Group may use and disclose your personal information for purposes related to the initial purpose of collection if that other purpose would be within your reasonable expectations. Related purposes include analysing your personal information for the purpose of identifying and referring you to products and services and/or media activities that may be of benefit or interest to you, displaying targeted advertising based on those interests, improving our services, conducting research, contacting you, internal auditing and administration, adding your name to a guest list or invitation list, or assisting the Group to carry out auditing, administration, or product enhancement. Without limiting the foregoing, your personal information may be used to create an anonymous link to additional third party data (for example the data of our online booking business partners for the purpose of providing discounts or benefits related to your membership or our service), and that link may be placed in cookies for the purpose of the Group and its partners sending you targeted advertising when you use websites or other services over the internet, including those supplied to you by the Group as well as by third parties unaffiliated with the Group. Additionally, in the event of a re-organization, merger or sale, the Group may transfer any and all personal information we have collected from you to the relevant third party. The Group may also be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
1. required or authorised by law; Generally, the Group will retain your personal information within Australia and New Zealand and not use or disclose it overseas. Like most business organisations, the Group performs some of its functions under licence and also contracts out some functions and relies on third party suppliers to conduct specialised activities such as website management, mail out services, administration services, data analysis and processing services, insurance broking, vehicle and petrol supply, supply of equipment, engineering services, security services, financial services, credit reporting services and travel and hospitality services. Whilst personal information may be provided to these licensors and suppliers in order to enable them to perform the agreed tasks, the Group will make every effort to ensure that the supplier handles the personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles and confidentiality principles. The Group will require all such suppliers to provide privacy undertakings and enter confidentiality agreements.
2. required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
3. required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
4. necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
3. Direct Marketing From time to time the Group may use your personal information to identify products and services that may be of interest to you. The Group may use your personal information to send you information regarding the Group’s products and services, and those available through the Group’s business partners. From time to time, the Group may also provide your personal information to carefully selected third parties for the purpose of them providing you with information regarding products and services specific to your needs, and to help the Group conduct product enhancement activities. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information from the Group or third parties (as applicable) as outlined in this section, please let the Group know by using the unsubscribe function in the communication you receive, or alternatively by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. The Group will take immediate steps to ensure that you do not receive any such direct marketing information in future.
4. Personal Information Quality The Group’s objective is to ensure that all personal information collected by the Group is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist the Group in achieving its objective, please contact the Administration Staff if any of your details change. Further, if you believe that the information the Group holds is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact the Family Parks head office at email@example.com in order to have the information corrected.
5. Personal Information Security The Group is committed to keeping your personal information secure, and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, release, misuse or alteration. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on the Group’s software or systems. The Group maintains physical security over its paper and electronic data stores, such as locks and security systems. The Group also uses computer and network security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion prevention software, antivirus software, external email filtering and passwords to control and restrict access to authorised staff for approved purposes and to secure personal information from unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, misuse and loss. Whilst the Group takes all reasonable steps to secure your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, you acknowledge that all activities in which you intentionally or unintentionally supply information to the Group carries an inherent risk of loss of, misuse of, or unauthorised access to such information. The Group cannot be held responsible for such actions where the security of the personal information is not within the control of the Group, or where the Group cannot reasonably prevent such incident. Additionally, you acknowledge that the collection and use of your personal information by third parties may be subject to separate privacy policies and/or the laws of other jurisdictions.
6. Access to Personal Information You may request access to the personal information the Group holds about you. The procedure for gaining access is as follows:
1. All requests for access to your personal information must be made in writing and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer. In some circumstances, the Group may not be in a position to provide access. Such circumstances include the following:
2. You must provide as much detail as possible regarding the department or person to whom you believe your personal information has been provided, and when. This will allow the Group to process your request faster.
3. The Group will acknowledge your request within 14 days, and details on the information we hold for you will be made known to you within 14 days, or if it is more complicated, 30 days. The Group will inform you if this timeframe is not achievable.
4. You will be asked to verify your identity.
5. A fee may apply to such access in the event that a request for access is onerous or time consuming. Such a fee will cover staff costs involved in locating and collating information, and reproduction costs.
6. Depending on the circumstances, you may be forwarded the information by mail or email, or you may be required to personally inspect your records at the appropriate place.
7. You will be given the opportunity to correct any personal information that is no longer accurate.
1. access would create a serious threat to safety; If the Group denies access to your personal information, it will provide you with reasons in writing.
2. providing access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
3. denying access is required or authorised by law;
4. the request is frivolous or vexatious;
5. legal proceedings are underway or anticipated, and the information would not be accessible through the process of discovery in the proceedings;
6. negotiations may be prejudiced by such access;
7. providing access is likely to prejudice law enforcement;
8. providing access is likely to prejudice action being taken or to be taken with respect to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct relating to the Group’s functions or activities; or
9. access would reveal a commercially sensitive decision making process.
Level 15, 100 Arthur Street, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
Private Bag 92156, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
8. Changes to This Policy The Group may, without notice, change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly. We ask that you visit our website periodically in order to remain up to date with such changes.
9. Complaints If you believe that your privacy has been infringed, you are entitled to complain. All complaints should initially be in writing and directed to the Chief Executive Officer. The Group will respond to your complaint as soon as possible, within 14 working days, to let you know who is responsible for managing your query. The Group will try to resolve the complaint within 30 working days. When this is not possible the Group will contact you to provide an estimate of how long it will take to handle the complaint. If you believe the Group has not adequately dealt with your complaint, you may complain to the Board of Management or the relevant Australian Authority.
10. Privacy Officer’s Contact Details Please address all written correspondence to:
Chief Executive Officer
Family Parks Ltd
PO Box 439, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006