Mogo Heritage Area


Mogo was once part of Australia’s third most productive goldfield, with 30,000 people from across the globe, calling Eurobodalla’s goldfields home. The ‘rush’ was short-lived. Mining continued in the area over the next 50 years but it was spasmodic.

In the 1860’s, a church, shops, post office, school of arts and government school were built.
Sawmilling began in the 1880’s with Lynch’s mill

Mogo became a sleepy backwater until it was transformed into a quaint tourist village in the late 1980’s with cafes, art and craft shops.

What to do:
Visit the ‘Original Gold Rush Colony’ theme park with exhibits relating to the district’s early mining and historic mining equipment.
Visit the former St Mary’s Church (now gallery) and see the pressed metal interior