Located on the East Coast of New Zealand’s North Island, Hawke’s Bay offers so much for everyone and a Mediterranean climate to enjoy it all. The climate also helps the region produce some of the country’s best wine and food. With over 70 wineries, it is the second largest wine-producing region in New Zealand. A popular option for visitors is to follow the wine trail as so many wineries offer cellar door tastings and amazing cuisine from al fresco to silver service dining.
Napier city is known as the Art Deco Capital for having one of the best and largest collections of original 1930’s architecture. The Art Deco architecture symbolises the Hawke’s Bay regions ability to overcome disaster after a large earthquake and ensuing fires devastated Napier city in 1931. Within 2 years the city was rebuilt predominantly in Art Deco style. Napier now boasts a vibrant café culture, a range of shopping from high street to boutique and antiques, and is home to the National Aquarium of New Zealand and water theme park Splash Planet. Both of these are must-sees especially if you are travelling with children. The Aquarium is home to sting-rays, sharks, and hundreds of fish species, while Splash Planet is where the whole family can play the day away amongst the 6.5 acres of water-based attractions.
1) Cruise the vineyards in style with a vintage vehicle from Hooters Hire. Chauffeur or self-drive options available with 10% discount for Family Parks Rewards members plus kids get a free “hooter” for their scooter. Find out more here
2) Visit the Art Deco Centre for your official Art Deco Explorer Pack and then set-off around the city centre on a fact finding mission. Special offer for Family Parks Rewards members, click here for more information
3) Swim with the sharks at New Zealand’s National Aquarium
4) Have a family fun day out at Splash Planet water-based theme park
5) Experience the best the region has to offer with Absolute de Tours. Family Parks Rewards members receive 10% discount off selected tours. Click here for details.
For more information on the Hawkes' Bay region visit www.hawkesbaynz.com
SEE NEARBY MEMBER REWARDS
© Copyright 2014-2018, Family Parks Limited - Website by Milk Creative.